We’re in the process of introducing our 20 year old faux daughter (former babysitter, informally adopted into our family!) to our favorite chick flicks of all time. What are yours? I know I’m missing some, but here are mine:
10. Ever After (a cinderella story with Drew Barrymore) now I know this one is nowhere near as popular as the rest, but it got me through a rough time in life. I must’ve seen in 7 or 8 times in the theater (I had friends who worked there at the time.) it was the perfect escape for me.
9. Two Weeks Notice (mainly for some GREAT one liners by Hugh Grant.)
8. You’ve Got Mail (who doesn’t love Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks?)
7. When Harry Met Sally (a classic.)
6. Little Women (not really a romance, but perfect for teenage girls)
5. Love Actually (such a great one! so many wonderful story lines. this is the one we’re watching tonight with our faux daughter and our best friends’ aupair.)
4. While You Were Sleeping (this one was considered my favorite for a long time. who wouldn’t love Bill Pullman in this one?)
3. Sabrina (have you seen this remake with Harrison Ford? i think it’s better than the Audrey Hepburn classic…is that blasphemy? this is a must see if you’re longing for a romance and for Paris.)
2. Notting Hill (my husband’s all time favorite chick flick. he has good taste. you must see this one if you have not yet.)
1. Pride and Prejudice, BBC version (yes, the long one where nothing is taken out and there is time to fully develop all of the characters. the costumes, the language, the misunderstandings, the romance…how can you not love Jane Austen?)
It’s obvious how old I am when you look at mine. What are your favorites?