Happy Birthday boys!
- this morning when Tyler woke me up, “Mommy! I’m four now! Can you even pick me up?”
- today, as Jake put together his new birthday lego set, “Mommy, this Y-wing fighter is even more complicated than my hyena droid bomber.” (much of the lego conversation around here goes like that…lots of information from Jake, total confusion and ignorance about which ship is what from Mommy.)
- this evening when arriving to the birthday restaurant, “Mommy! The four year old opened the car door!”
- this evening when the waiter asked if Daddy was turning 21 again, “No, he’s not. He’s turning 37!”
- tonight, lots of shouts of glee as we put together Tyler’s small lego set and began working on Greg’s large family project one.
- tonight, when trying to unbutton his flannel, “Maybe the four year old can do it.” But no, he couldn’t. “I didn’t did it. Maybe a 40 kid could do it.”
I’ll be back in a day or two with birthday photos and thoughts to share.