A few random items to put out there:
- Someone left a cat on our porch last week. Not a stray cat wandering by, mind you, but a pet cat in a carrier with a little tupperware of water and her bag of cat food next to the carrier. No collar. No tags. No note explaining why you would leave your cat on some stranger’s porch. Is that not the weirdest thing you’ve ever heard? Needless to say, our afternoon that day looked a lot different than I had planned, what with the boys’ excitement and interest in the mystery and our impromptu trip to the animal shelter, where we had to check out ALL the other animals they have there. Weird. That’s all I can say about that.
- I got my first sunburn in many years last week. At Disneyland. I wore sunscreen but this June gloom lifted earlier than usual and it was a hot long Disneyland day. I’m sorry, skin. I really try to take good care of you.
- I love roasted vegetables. I just thought I’d tell you. I could eat them for my whole meal for dinner with just some brown rice or couscous underneath. For weeks at a time. Bell peppers, onions, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, squash…all cut up and tossed with some olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar…spread onto a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the onions look clear and the vegetables are getting some crisp on their edges. So tasty.
- I can almost exercise. I think. It’s all a bit unclear when I’m totally okay to exercise at full strength, but I’m ready. I think. It’s actually questionable both mentally and physically. But I’m close. Does that count for something? I had just lost 5 pounds before my surgery, and I’ve only gained those 5 back in the 10 weeks since surgery, which I don’t think is too bad, considering my sedentary lifestyle. So it’s time to get back on the wagon. Almost.
- Our after breakfast clean-up routine is working! (After breakfast the boys and I team up to clear the breakfast nook, kitchen, and family room to start the morning fresh…putting everything away, loading and unloading dishwasher together, etc.) We’ve had a clean morning almost every day for the past week or two. Yeah! We get more whines for the after lunch routine (same thing) but it’s so nice having my house back again. I love routines.
- If you have kids, have you listened to the Chronicles of Narnia books on CD? Focus on the Family puts out an amazing reader’s theater version with great sound effects and different voices for each character and such. It’s been all Narnia all the time these days. We’re getting towards the end of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. If you don’t have these and your kids are in the 6-12 age range, I highly recommend them! And here is the whole set for only $22! It’s a great gift idea, too.
Now it’s time to edit some photos and catch up on some things before my brother and his family come to town! Cousins! Cousins! Cousins are the best. We are so looking forward to it.